Patrick Henry was a man, who understood the Scriptures, and that the history of Israel recorded in the Scriptures made plain that men left to their own devices of government, will choose poorly.
Israel rejected God as their king. They wanted to be like the others. God warned them, through his prophet Samuel, of the many ills to come from being like everyone else. But the children of God did not listen, and so they then endured the consequences of their choices.
It appears now, having followed the events of these few years, that the leadership of our party has decided to ignore the lessons of history, and to seek to be like everyone else. The people have said “no”, to the Federal takeover of health care, but the Left wing leaders of our party have said by their actions, “We hear you but we don’t care what you ignorant people think. We spent over a year concocting a foul collection of legislative gifts, and Executive orders to “deliver” on our promise of making us like the other countries. We tried to teach you how smart we are, but you are too stupid to learn. You keep listening to, and believing others, you are stupid”
I believe we have the best health care on earth, because we are NOT like the other countries. I admit that we have access issues for far to many, but this law improves access by a process that history tells us will remove the label “best”. Removing the profit motive, will not increase the supply. Removing the profit motive will not increase or foster innovation. Without a profit motive, our best and brightest will no longer seek to be doctors, or medical researchers. OUR health care will become filled with low cost providers, seeking low cost methods to provide. This is not what we want. This is not how you solve the access problem.
If we do not repent of the direction of our leaders, and repeal this intrusive Federal legislation we will soon join those, whom history show, raise taxes and cut the quality and access to care as they have done. We will not somehow be the first nation to socialize medicine and have the quality, access, and innovation go up, while at the same time the price goes down. We must take the party back from the Left wing leadership, before the voters reject the party as a whole.
The evil begun, we are already hearing the left wing of the party say the scheme needs to be improved by a single payer, government bureaucrat run, health care plan. They say we need to eliminate all profit motives from health care. If we do not fire the Left Wing leadership, they will take us down this path whenever we make the mistake of giving them majorities in both branches of Congress and the White House.
If those of us in the party, who see things as I do, fail to stand and challenge the party Left Wing, we will be to blame for our own inaction.
History reminds us that at the conclusion of the War for Independence the State of Virginia allowed slave owners to set them free provided they could prove that once freed, they would not become a burden on society.
George Washington’s actor, at Colonial Williamsburg, asserted he would have been better off if he could have done so, as he had more slaves than he needed, but they were too dependent on Washington to be set free.
As many of us now see, the Left Wing in our party is declaring or making many millions of American’s dependant on Washington. They turn to Washington for their survival. They are told they can not provide for themselves, they need Washington’s help. They are making our people into slaves of the state. The Republicans under Lincoln set the slaves free. The Left Wing Democrats seem to want to return them to slavery. Only THEY want them to be slaves AND a burden to society.
This MUST not be allowed to continue. They Left Wing elite seem to think that no one will notice. They seem to think that they can use taxpayers money to buy and hold their slaves. Instead of focusing on teaching them how to pull themselves out of dependence and into independence, they tell them they must continue to elect the Left Wing elite, or they will be forced to suffer by the conservatives.
They use taxpayers money to buy votes. They insert “earmarks” to show they brought home the bacon, and deserve to be reelected. Are we so foolish as to celebrate someone bringing home borrowed bacon for us to eat and are children to have to pay for? Are we now that selfish that we want our comfort at the expense of our children? I do not think most Democrats think that way. I DO NOT THINK THAT WAY. I think we want and deserve representatives who study history, and the scriptures and bring us laws of wisdom and prudence, not acts of false charity.
It is time for a DECLARATION OF RESTORATION. Restoring the rights and privileges of the Citizens and the States. History tells us that the original DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE was edited at length until it achieve a UNANIMOUS acceptance. ObamaCare shows the evil of editing and manipulation by Executive order to get the bare minimum votes needed to pass. There were those who screamed at the Senate’s need for a super majority to pass this health insurance bill, what would they have said to the need for unanimous support? The Super majority is a gift to our freedoms. Our freedoms can not be easily taken away, but as shown, they can still be taken away be a determined majority willing to violate what so many of us hold dear.
I would invite all candidates for Congress to review and to sign on to this DECLARATION OF RESTORATION. A pledge to the American people, that if elected they will work tirelessly to pass and submit to the States for their review and consideration, amendments to the Constitution to prevent future generations from forgetting the lessons recent history has just taught us.
As history has shown that Congress has the ability to loose contact with the represented, let there be an amendment as follows:
- Except in time of declared war, Congress shall only be in session during the calendar days of the 1st to 15th day of the month and shall return to the district represented during all other days of the month.
As history has shown that being elected to Congress has become a career choice, and as the desire of the Citizens and the States is for Congress to be a place of service, let there be an amendment as follows:
- No Representative, or Senator shall stand for reelection after serving eight consecutive years without first having returned to the rank of private citizen for a period of not less than two years.
- Furthermore, let is be resolved that those serving in Congress shall receive a pension for their service of 5% per two year term, and not more than 25% even if years of service would provide for a larger amount.
As history has shown that the existing political party primary system has failed the members of the parties to be offered choice, and with the State Legislatures having created districts to the strength of one party over another, thereby leaving the general population with the opportunity of returning the incumbent or choosing a candidate form the minority party, let there be an amendment as follows:
- No candidate from any party that represents 10% or more of the voters in a district or State shall appear on the general election ballot as a printed name for selection without write-in, who did not win a party nomination vote where two or more candidates were put forward for selection by the party members during the that primary election.
As history has shown that the President can use Executive orders to influence the outcomes of votes on legislation before the Congress, and to preserve the separation of powers between the three branches of the government, let there be an amendment as follows:
- To maintain the balance of powers between the Executive and Legislative branches of Government, the executive branch shall be limited to proposing initial ideas for consideration by the Congress.
- The Executive branch may not participate in the crafting, editing, or negotiations of the Legislative branch.
- The Executive branch shall not issue, proclaim, or threat to proclaim, any Executive order or action, to influence the legislative process.
- Such participation shall be a failure to uphold the constitution and therefore will subject the Executive branch to charges of impeachment.
As history has shown that the desire to sever religious faith from the public arena has led to an increase in moral decay and self gratifying behavior, and as Devine providence was recognized from our founding, let there be an amendment as follows:
- No Federal, State or other legislative body shall establish any limitation of free exercise of faith. No governmental institution shall require any instruction opposed to faith, nor offer any instruction that would support one theory requiring the exercise of faith over any other theory requiring the exercise of faith.
- Scientific theories shall not have higher standing than Religious theories.
As history has shown that mankind is prone to evil intents, including greed, wrath, malice toward others, and that prohibition does not change the hearts of mankind, let there be an amendment to focus the legislative efforts as follows:
- Congress shall establish laws to publicly declare the consequences of behavior. No State shall be required to bear the cost or consequence of the choices of another State or the Citizens of another State.
- No Citizen, except by free exercise of choice and will, shall be required to support, or subsidize the cost of the natural consequences of the choices of another Citizen, other than those of their own household.
As history has shown that Congress is prone to include in legislation content or amendments that have the sole intent to earn, buy, or secure the vote of a member of the Congress that without the inclusion would not secure their vote, let there be an amendment as follows:
- Congress shall not use the legislative process to insert any provision that benefits only one of the States without individual consideration and separate vote to record the support for the inclusion of the measure in the legislation.