Who am I?
- I am the 5th of the 7 sons of JJ “Josh” & Clara Jelincic
- I was born, raised in Hayward, and live and work in the District
- I am a UC Berkeley Business School graduate
- I am a political rookie and am not for sale
- I am a 53 year old conservative Democrat
- I am a Finance Manager at a Not for Profit in Oakland
- I am a Bible believing Christian
What do I believe?
- Most adults are capable of making informed choices
- Elected officials are to serve the people, not the reverse
- Elected officials can educate their constituents but should never ignore them
- The Primary system is polarizing both parties.
- The Party Central Committees do not seek to offer you choice.
- In “Safe” districts the Central Committee, not voters, choose who will be elected.
- In “Safe” districts incumbents who are not “Primaried” will be re-elected.
- The 13th Congressional District is a “Safe Democratic” District.
- The Scriptures contain wisdom
Why am I running? Why now?
- In a word “Choice”
- Pete Stark converted me from an “inert Democrat” into an Activated Democrat in 2010.
- Believing in Democracy and Choice, I am offering you a choice in a “Safe Democratic” District.
- A Democrat will be elected in the 13th CD. If I did not run now, Barbara Lee would automatically be re-elected.